Advertise with TheSmartLocal
Visitor Traffic for March 2014
TheSmartLocal is a highly influential media property and Singapore's biggest travel and lifestyle portal. It is a one-stop hub that Singaporeans use for information. Part magazine and part blog, according to Alexa Singapore Rankings we are the most read online lifestyle magazine and the most read blog in Singapore. We specialise in creating engaging content that gets social media buzzing and people talking.
The picture above is our google analytic statistics for the month of March 2014. TheSmartLocal on average reaches over 600,000 unique visitors each month. In March 2014, we experienced 1.2 million visitors, with over 800,000 uniques - 45% of this number being regular, returning visitors.
80% of our traffic is from Singapore and 90% of our readers are between 18-44 with slightly more female readership (55%).
For comparison, sites like TimeOut Singapore gets 220k unique visitors monthly and SPH sites like omy gets 350k unique visitors monthly.
Our readership numbers dwarf nearly every magazine in Singapore be it print or online, yet we charge a fraction of the price and create more memorable advertising as evidenced by our traffic statistics. We take the best elements of blogging (personal/relatable) and journalism (professional, high quality) and apply these qualities to our writing.
The unbelievable part? Unlike traditional media where the timeframe of your advertising is limited, these posts created by us last FOREVER on the internet.
Testimonials & Press
Some of our reviews have been highly influential - a recent positive review went viral and caused so much hype for the restaurant that every local newspaper covered the queues it was getting.
Direct Sources to the Screenshots above:
- The aftermath of the Kin Kin review and our original review that started it.
- Our original article shared by minister K Shanmugam that we gave Yahoo permission to republish.
- Our original 52 things to do in Singapore article that inspired a bunch of copycat articles which we also gave AsiaOne permission to republish it on their network. It turned out to be their portal's most read article in their 5 year history.
- See an endless stream of positive feedback from a "TheSmartLocal" Twitter search.
How to Advertise with TheSmartLocal
We provide advertisers a targeted platform in the online space to reach responsive audiences through digital and social media, creating more exposure and driving more revenue to your business.
We have two main types of advertising - banners and editorial campaigns.
TheSmartLocal Banner Advertising
Our banner advertising positions are as follows. Most sizes are variable this is just a guideline:
- Top Leaderboard 728x90 (Site wide, Above Fold)
- Upper Right 1 - 300x250 Banner (Site wide, Above Fold)
- Upper Right 2 - 300x250 Banner (Site wide, Above Fold)
- Bottom Right 1 - 300x250 Banner (Site wide)
- Bottom Right 2 - 90x728 Banner (Site wide)
- Bottom of Article Push 640 x 79 Banner (All articles - 80% of site)
Our banner advertising is displayed throughout our site to over 600,000 visitors each month. Discount packages are available for multiple months, please contact us for our latest rates and a full media kit with visualizations of the banner positions.
TheSmartLocal Editorial Campaigns
This is the advertising option we highly recommend because it utilises the strength of our social media channels, bloggers and engaging media we produce. It captures the essence of advertising on new media perfectly and is best used in conjunction with banners.
We don't simply provide dry media buyouts. We create exciting media that make readers sit up, be impressed and remember your brand name, the hallmark of all good advertising. Its like hiring a creative agency without the associated high cost.
A front page feature, blogger hosted video, featured listing status and social medial coverage over several months all rolled into one highly discounted package. It could be for a single sponsored post or a whole campaign with 15 articles and 6 videos over 4 months. We also provide copywriting services and other digital services but its our traffic and reach that you ultimately want to utilise.
Customised Advertising Campaigns
This is an optional add-on. Our video features typically receive over 20,000 views through beautifully created media, opening up the additional avenue of video marketing.
Engaging Front Page Advertorials
Multiple Social Media Channel Reach
Our content is shared to over 40,000 of our followers on facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and gplus.
Past Clients and Collaborations
Some of the past businesses we have worked with either through collaborations or advertorials include MNC companies, large businesses, agencies and home-grown local companies.
Discounted Advertising Packages
We package all the above into a heavily discounted campaign that can cover your online marketing needs for up to a year.
Past Media Invitations / Advertorials
Here are just a few examples of features we have done in the past. (Last updated in 2013.)
Travel / Hotel:
- SEA Blogger Campaign with Korean Air / Korean Tourism Organisation - Part 1 | Part 2
- #EatPlayShop Campaign with Shangri-La Malaysia - Contest | Penang | Kuala Lumpur | Kota Kinabalu
- W Maldives Retreat & Spa Holiday
- AirAsia / Tourism Indonesia - Yogyakarta Holiday Blog | Holiday Ideas with AirAsia
- Costa Cruises - Costa Atlantica Part 1 (Ship Tour) | Part 2 (Phuket) | Part 3 (Langkawi)
- Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel Info & Review
- Grand Park Orchard Singapore Staycation Feature
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- W Singapore Sentosa Cove Staycation Blog Review
- Goinout - Singapore Nightlife App with free admissions & rewards!
- KissJane - Exclusive Online Discount & New Century Square Outlet!
- Run for Hope 2013 | Part 1: Intro | Part 2: The Doctors | Part 3
- Bare your Sole Walk Campaign | Part 1 Helping the Elderly | Part 2 Behind the Scenes | Part 3 Football Legends help raise Awareness
- Le Gluttony at Chijmes this weekend!
- Asian Food Channel Reality Show Casting Call!
- The Chupitos Bar - The Chupitos Bar Re-Opening
- Pangdemonium - 2013 Season Tickets and Show information | Rabbit Hole Review
- Pangdemonium - Next to Normal Review | Hype (Video Acoustic Performance)
- Pangdemonium - Gruesome Playground Injuries Hype
- The Spa Artisan - Asia's first Powerslim Studio launches in Singapore | The Spa Artisan PowerSlim Studio Review | Impact Launch Party
- Greenhouse Sunday Champagne Brunch at The Ritz-Carlton
- SKIRT @ W Hotel Singapore
- Cafebiz - Trader's Hotel - Penang Favorites at Cafebiz, Traders Hotel
- Senor Taco Opens at Clarke Quay
- Eat Organic at Nothing but Green
- Bellwhethers Bar & Bistro
- Cafe BLD Buffet
- Woo Bar - Singapore's place to see and be seen
- Stew Kuche - Achtung! German Food In The Heartlands
- Ben & Jerry's ChunkFest 2013
- Legoland Water Park Opening - Parenting Blogger Perspective | FIT Perspective
- Legoland Theme Park, Malaysia - Top 5 Reasons for Singaporeans to Visit
- Ultimate Drive Review
- iFly Singapore review
- Flight Experience Singapore Review
- Forest Adventure - Coming Soon
See our adventures live before we blog about them!
Read More Influential Brand Stories by TSL
We recently went behind the scenes with the most influential brands in Singapore. Our mission was simple - to find out the secrets behind their success. We sent our journalists to the front-lines of retail shops and into the steaming kitchens of their restaurants and they came back with 18 original stories.
We found out what it was like to be a Gong Cha Girl for a day. We learned 10 lessons from the tirelessly hard-working Old Chang Kee aunties. We discovered Din Tai Fung's secret recipe to the perfect xiaolongbao. We even tailed a Zalora delivery man for a day to see how they carried out their deliveries so fast. Our team worked hard to produce these stories and we're now really proud to share them with you. It's time to discover something raw and personal - a different perspective from the brands you all know.
To read their stories, click on the logos below!